Don’t you just love everything that is baked with lots of butter and cream? Here is a recipe for all you comfort food –loving little pigs. This is the food to nourish your haunted souls. This is the food that will keep you warm and cozy when struggling with assignments and group work. What this is not, is a traditional lasagna with the cheese sauce. This is less messy to make and as promised, veery cheesy!
What you need:
package of lasagna noodles
2 cans of crushed tomatoes
2 dl cream
3-4 dl milk
400 g mozzarella
400 g (grated) emmental
250 g (grated) matured cheddar
chunk of parmesan
can of kidney beans
can of white beans
can of black beans
2 gloves of garlic
What you do:
1. Chop onions and gloves of garlic. Parboil them a little, add in the crushed tomatoes and 1 dl of cream. Rinse all beans and add them into the sauce. Season with black pepper and basil. Cook with mild heat for about 5-10 minutes.
2. While the sauce is cooking, butter the baking dish ready and slice tomatoes and mozzarella.
3. Mix cheddar and emmental together, leave about 100g of the cheddar for later use.
4. Now it’s time to assemble the whole thing. Spread a thin layer of the sauce in the bottom of the baking dish.
5. Arrange 4-6 noodles lengthwise on top of the sauce. Now spread slices of mozzarella on top and then set another layer of noodles.
6. Add mozzarella and tomato slices over the noodles, finish this layer with cheese mix. Then add another set of noodles.
7. Now cover the noodles with the sauce and sprinkle once again cheese mix on top of it, then add noodles.
8. Now it’s the final layer. Spread all that is left from the sauce over the noodles, do the same with all ingredients that you have left. Sprinkle the cheddar as well as parmesan on top.
9. At this point mix 1 dl of cream and 3-4 dl of milk, and pour it to the edges of the lasagna stuff.
Cover the baking dish with foil, this way the top layer won’t get burned. Bake in a preheated oven (200°C) for about 30 minutes. Now you can remove the foil and bake for 10-20 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes before serving!