The semester has finally kicked off properly and everybody’s working full steam ahead, without no extra time to do anything complicated or time-consuming. That is why this week the dessert is something very simple and doesn’t once again require any actual skills of any sorts. As long as you can get the ingredients from the store and as long as you know the time in order to not burn the crumble in the oven, you’ll do just fine with this one. You can also modify this recipe: if you for instance love almonds, why not add crushed almonds in there. Feel free to improvise. Take chances, try new things, don’t always stick to the instructions. Be a rebel, don’t make the apple crumble as it is here said, do it your own unique way.
What you need:
5-6 apples, any kind of apples, take the cheapest
3 dl oatmeal
1 dl sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
ovenproof baking dish
What to do:
1) Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees.
2) Slice the apples
3) Melt the butter in a sauce pan. Once melted, take the pan of the stove already.
4) Mix oatmeal, sugar, vanilla sugar and cinnamon together. Mix them well.
5) Add the apples and the dry ingredients into the sauce pan.
6) Stir well and then tip the mix into a baking dish.
7) Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the crumble is golden and cooked through.
8) Serve right away with some ice cream!