The holiday is over and a new chapter in our school lives is starting. To celebrate that, we shall this week bake a chocolate cake. This is very difficult to make. This also takes a lot of time and requires a lot of concentration, which means that the majority of you will fail, as you did with your exams before the break.
What you need for the base
250 g dark chocolate
200 g butter
2½ dl sugar
2 dl wheat flour
2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
2½ dl baking powder
What you need for the filling
200 g mint chocolate
2 dl whipped cream
½ dl curd
200 g fresh cheese (vanilla flavoured)
food colouring liquid (green)
30g melted butter
3 gelatine sheets
½ powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
What you need for the chocolate ganache
200 g Fazerin sininen chocolate
1 dl whipping cream
30 g butter
What you do first:
1. Separate the egg whites and the yolks into different bowls.
2. Cut the chocolate and butter and set them in the double-boiler.
3. Put all the dry ingredients to one bowl.
4. Froth the egg yolks and the sugar.
5. Add then the chocolate-butter mix into the froth.
6. Add flour.
7. Finally, froth the egg whites and add them into the mix carefully. Avoid mixing too much.
8. Butter and add bread crumbs to a ca. 24cm cake mold.
9. Bake the cake in 175°C for 55-60 minutes.
What you do next:
1. Set the gelatine sheets into cold water for at least 10 minutes.
2. Make the whipped cream.
3. Once ready, add the cream cheese and all the sugar. At this point you can also add the food colouring into the mix, 1-3 teaspoons depending how green you want the filling to be.
4. Parboil 1-2 tablespoons of water and set the pressed gelatin sheets into the water. Let it cool for a little while.
5. Add the gelatin-water mix carefully into the cream cheese-mix.
6. Crush the mint chocolate and add it into the mix.
7. Set the filling into fridge for 10-15 minutes.
8. Cut the cake base into three slices.
9. Moisten the bottom slice of the base and add half of the filling into it. Repeat this to the other layer as well.
10. Place the cake into fridge and let it stay there over night.
11. Next day make the chocolate ganache. Chop the chocolate and parboil it with butter. Then add the cream in it, mix until smooth. Let it cool down for a while and then poor it on top of the cake
12. Garnish the amazing work of art with candy of your choice.